I don’t know if it’s just me, but this 4 day week has totally thrown me off! Thankfully I didn’t miss anything important, but I found myself questioning what day it was multiple times per day! We had a great Memorial Day weekend full of picnics, swimming, a parade, a carnival, and some family time. It got me quite excited for the summer just ahead of us. Tomorrow we’ll be celebrating both my son and daughter’s birthday with our families. My son turns 5 next week, and my husband and daughter both had birthday’s last week, so it’s been one big non-stop celebration around here!
Here’s a look at our week:
1) This girl has always been crazy about shoes, but this week in particular she was out of control. Those little toes must have been in just about every pair of shoes that I own!
2) This is a shot of my husband outside playing soccer with our son. For those that are aware of his struggle with Lyme Disease this was a huge victory! He typically can’t even take a walk outdoors, let alone kick around the soccer ball long enough to tire out our son! We were told that he’d begin to have sporadic ‘good’ days only to be followed by big chunks of bad days. We’re currently back in the ‘bad’ day streak and as discouraged as he is, I’m sure appreciating that good day as well as the fact that something is actually working! Thanks for all of your continued prayers guys, this is one heck of a journey.
3) Party planning made easy thanks to none other than Target!! Those plates are actually plastic, ie washable and reusable. I found them in the dollar bin at the front of the store and thought they’d be perfect for all of our outdoor cooking/grilling this summer.
4) After reading a few blog reviews on the new Bare Minerals BareSkin foundation I decided to give it a shot. I’m a huge BM fan, so I was excited to try it out. I read that it’s not the best for oily skin, but my skin is typically on the normal to dry side. I’ve been using it all week and I really like the coverage that it gives. I may not be using it on hot summer days at the pool, but otherwise this looks like my new go-to.
5) A typical occurrence in our household, reapplying tattoo’s. I’m not joking that one of my daughter’s first words was ‘tattoo’. At least they get good practice counting as we wait for the tattoo to adhere :)
Have a wonderful weekend all!!