It’s finally here. The last friday of the summer and the day before we head to the shore! This week we spent our final afternoon at the community pool, visited with family, and met Jack’s new preschool teacher for the upcoming year. Madelyn quickly made herself comfortable in the classroom as well. She’s going to be quite disappointed when she doesn’t get to stay with her big brother on his first day!
The reoccurring theme of our week, however, was prepping for the shore. We’re heading to Stone Harbor, NJ which is one of our favorite places. Since most kids are now back to school, we’re expecting a low key week spent with some dear friends. Speaking of vacation, did anyone else come across this article this week? The author explains that you don’t take vacations with young children, but a trip. Vacation or a trip, we’re all excited! Talk to me next Friday and I’ll let you know how I feel then!
Here’s a peak at my week:
- My son’s fortune. Appropriate.
- My sous-chef and I squeezed in some cookie making.
- Some beach reading material. If only research was this fun in college!
- After grocery shopping, baking and packing, I sat down for a pedicure. Essie’s ‘peach daiquiri’.
- I made a batch of these bagels to bring along.
I hope you all enjoy a lovely long weekend! Even though I’ll be on
vacation a trip next week, I have some posts lined up for you, so stay tuned!