Well, I have survived for three days since having my wisdom teeth removed. Not a whole lot of anything was accomplished by me this weekend, but it did get me looking towards the week ahead (praying I’ll be able to eat by Thanksgiving!) and realizing how much I have to be thankful for. I figured I’d take a few minutes to make a list which includes the ultra-important to the very insignificant yet thankful for them nonetheless items.
I am thankful for:
- Let’s get the major ones out of the way right off the bat. My friends and family and the health of all of them.
- A loving God and the grace and mercy he shows.
- Food on our table and shelter over our heads.
- A husband who understands and appreciates my desire to be a full time mom. (He basically had the kids on his own this past weekend and at one point told me how much he appreciated what I do and asked if I was sure I didn’t want to get an easier job ;) )
- The laughter of my children during the times they are playing nicely together…for the tears that eventually follow sending one of them running into my arms.
- Old friends and new friends and the way each one touches my life.
- Family that is now closer than they have been in over a decade and the help that they provide.
- The numerous times my son gets out of bed for “one last hug”.
- Sloppy kisses from my toddler.
- Starbucks eggnog latte’s and eggnog in general.
- Target (my apologies for being this far down the list).
- Pinterest, for allowing me to borrow the creativity of others.
- Chocolate covered raisins.
- Slow cookers.
- Scented candles. Especially sugar cookie which I just broke out yesterday.
- Speaking of scent, the scent of my baby who is losing it by the day. How I wish I could bottle it up!
- Uggs. No matter how ugly or out of style, they warm my feet like no other.
- Sweatpants. As much as I love to dress up, my whole family changes into sweats as soon as they get home. This includes my 4 yo son who can’t stand anything else on his legs!
- A sister who will always tell me the truth and a mother who will only find a way to compliment.
- In-laws that welcomed me in like their own daughter as a teenager and fought off any other girls that made any attempts.
- Chocolate chip cookies. Or just chocolate. Or cookies. Ok, I am thankful for sugar…happy?
- Snow for building snowmen and sled riding and creating the desire for hot chocolate.
- Sand, sun and beaches that we know are only a few seasons away. Or a flight away. Yeah, I like that better.
I would keep going on but I don’t need to take up your entire day!
So what is it that you are thankful for?
I’ll be back tomorrow with my favorite pumpkin pie. It takes a bit of work, but boy is it worth it! If you haven’t started your pies yet, you may want to give this one a shot!