I’ve always wanted to prepare a strawberry pie and can’t say exactly why it took me so long to give it a try. As strawberry season moves in to full swing shortly, let me recommend you put those berry’s to good use! I made this pie for our Easter dinner with my family and it was a hit! Some even went for seconds ;) This is without a doubt the easiest pie I’ve ever tackled. If you use a pre-made crust (as I did, being short on time), it comes down to slicing berries, stirring a pot and adding in some ‘chill’ time! And then people can ohh and ahh at your slice of heaven ;)
Strawberry Pie via Sugar Apron:
9 inch pie crust
4-6 cups fresh strawberries, quartered and hulled
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 3oz. box of Strawberry Jell-O
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1. Bake pie crust in 9 inch deep pie dish and set aside to cool.
2. Put the water, sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Whisk constantly until it become thick, about 3 minutes.
4. Then whisk in the Jell-O and cook for a minute longer.
5. Remove from the heat and let cool for about 15min
6. As the glaze cools, place strawberries straight into the pie crust.
7. Pour the glaze over the strawberries.
8. Refrigerate until set.
9. You can decorate with whipped cream before serving.