S’mores are one of those perfect summer indulgences that never get old. We finally put the fire pit at our new home to use this past weekend and introduced our kids to the sweet treat that I hadn’t had in years. Jack loved roasting the marshmallows and Madelyn was dripping in chocolate within minutes. They fell in love (who wouldn’t?) so I’m sure this is going to be a regular happening from here on out! With s’mores on my mind, I sought out this recipe for s’more bark to take to my family reunion. Not only is it tasty but it turns out looking like a piece (or pieces) of art!
S’more Bark via A Kitchen Addiction:
• 24 oz dark chocolate (or milk chocolate)
• 8 oz white chocolate
• ¾ C graham crackers broken into pieces
• ½ C marshmallows bits
• 2 (1.55 oz) Hershey’s milk chocolate bars (or dark chocolate), broken into pieces
1. Line a 15×10 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt dark chocolate according to instructions on package, making sure to stir periodically.
3. Melt white chocolate according to instructions on package, making sure to stir periodically.
4. Spread melted dark chocolate onto prepared cookie sheet. Spoon white chocolate over the top. Swirl white chocolate through dark chocolate using a knife.
5. Sprinkle with graham cracker pieces, marshmallow bits, and broken chocolate bars. Lightly press topping into chocolate.
6. Place in refrigerator and allow to refrigerate for at least one hour to cool and set.
7. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.