All too frequently I get the desire to redecorate our home. I was in a home decor store last week and found myself envious of the owner who was rearranging her store, again and again. Unfortunately, that’s not very practical. I have a hard enough time getting my husband to lift the couch for me so I can sweep under it. Am I alone here? What is possible, however, is to update my home with fun accessories to keep things from feeling stale. I’ve gathered a few items (most of which I have in our home and would highly recommend) that may help to fulfill any decorating desires you may have, or create a desire you didn’t even know existed….until now :)
2. Serving Tray: I love having a few of these around the house. Typically I have one on our coffee table to keep our remotes/magazines in order.
3. Mirrors: I have a slight obsession with mirrors. I promise I’m not that self-absorbed, I just find them to be beautiful pieces of art in themselves.
4. Lamps: I happen to have this exact lamp in a darker shade of blue. It’s very classic and not as trendy as the gourd lamps that are everywhere right now (although I love those too).
5. Pillows: Pillows are a perfect way to go trendy. You don’t have to commit to them as you would a sofa or rug, but you’ll still be up to date with your decor. So go crazy with the chevrons/honeycombs/and ikats, you won’t be second guessing yourself.
6. Garden stool: I picked up one of these at our Home Goods when I was working on our porch (seen here). Not only is it a beautiful piece, but it’s come in handy as an extra seat, a place to prop up our feet and an extra spot for drinks.
7. Throw: Serena and Lily can’t do much wrong in my book, and this throw is no exception. It’s a beautiful, soft blanket that rotates between our living room and bedroom year round. It adds a perfect pop of color to a room.
Have you recently added any fun accessories to your home?