Just as I always have an on-going wish-list for fashion, I also keep one for my kitchen. New clothes and accessories inspire my outfits the same way that new tools/gadgets inspire me in the kitchen. At the top of my list remains a KitchenAid mixer. I know this is a hot item on wedding registries, but when my husband and I were registering, he somehow talked me out of adding one due to the fact that we didn’t have much room in our tiny apartment. Seven years later and I can’t tell you how many times he’s heard me request one. My main problem is that I can’t for the life of me decide on a color and I swear each year that goes by, ten new colors are introduced! Ahh well, maybe I’ll narrow it down by Christmas.
In addition to the mixer, here are other various items I’d love to add to my kitchen:
- Steak knives in an array of beautiful colors.
- Jadeite cake stand which would make any cake look even more delish.
- Farmers market basket to rinse and display fruit in a cute way.
- Updated potholders.
- Love the idea of this pitcher to infuse your water. Perfect way to enjoy the summer fruits and stay hydrated.
- Ohhh, the KitchenAid mixer.
- It may be a bad idea, but I’m so tempted to buy this milkshake mixer. It makes my mouth water just looking at it!
What items inspire you in the kitchen?