It’s been quite a while since I’ve shared any of my beauty favorites on here. I’m always so flattered when I receive compliments on my make-up over on Instagram, and even more so when those of you ask for a tutorial! I’m far from a pro in this department (so a tutorial is a long-shot) but I have found a routine with a handful of products that’ve been working well for me for some time now. I’m not one to constantly try new products just for the sake of it, but I also don’t give up searching until I’m happy with the results. Here’s what’s been working well for me, you can scroll below for the details:
1. Bare Minerals Liner: Once in a while I’ll use a pencil liner, but I find that liquid liner lasts longer for me. And if you’re going through the trouble of putting on your make-up, you want it to last as long as possible, right?!
2. Bare Minerals Blush: This loose powder blush has been a long time favorite of mine. I’m not sure that all of the shades are shown online, but ‘secret’ is my go-to.
3. Nars Bronzing Powder: I do my best to keep my face from getting much sun, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want it to have some color! I love dusting a bit of this bronzer on my cheekbones, nose and forehead to add just a touch of color.
4. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under eye Concealer: I’ve gone through a few concealers over the years (I do have three little kids, lol) and this one is my favorite by far. You only need a dot and this stuff stays put, covering everything that needs to be covered.
5. Nars Tinted Moisturizer: I’ve gone back and forth on a few tinted moisturizers (I prefer them over foundations), but this is the one I keep coming back to. However this one is a close second.
6. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: When it comes to mascaras, I have two #1’s. The reason I love this one is because of the way it can thicken my lashes with just a few strokes of the brush.
7. MAC Eyeshadow: I tend to find an eyeshadow palette I love and stick with it until my favorite three (maybe four) colors run dry. I’m pretty obsessed with this one though, so there’s a chance I’d even repurchase it!
8. Benefit They’re Real Mascara: This would be my second top mascara. I’ve loved this one for years because it lengthens my lashes like no other!
9. MAC Eyebrow pencil: I’ve gone through at least three if not four of these brow pencils. I prefer the twist over those that need sharpened and they finally added a brush to this one which was long overdue!
10. Stila Stay All Day Lipstick: I’m constantly forgetting to reapply lipstick throughout the day. That’s why I turn to this all-day-lipstick quite often, and I always receive compliments when I do. Especially in the shade ‘portofino’ ;)
11. Bare Minerals Perfecting Veil: Post tinted moisturizer and bronzer, I’ll often add a dusting of this mineral veil. It helps to set and protect the makeup I’ve already applied and gives a softer overall look.
Leave a Reply