Yes, lemon foods do make me think of springtime, but this time around I was just running with a craving. I had never made lemon bars before, but now that I have it won’t be the last! Buttery crust, amazing flavor and a crisp sugary top. Perfection in a bar. Oh and the recipe is by Ina Garten, need I say more? Maybe an idea to serve with Mother’s Day brunch??
Ina Garten’s Lemon Bars (via Something Swanky)
For the crust:
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
6 extra-large eggs
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup flour
Powdered Sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Line a 9×13 pan with foil or parchment, and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar. Mix in the flour and salt until dough forms.
4. Press the dough into the pan, building up 1/2 inch crust on all sides.
5. Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Chill.
6. Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients (except the powdered sugar), and pour into the cooled crust. Bake for 30-35 minutes until filling is set. Let cool to room temperature or chill overnight.
7. Dust with powdered sugar before cutting and serving.