Happy Friday, gang! We made it to Hoboken yesterday and today are en route to NY for my SIL’s wedding. Since my husband had meetings booked, the kids and I spent as much time as we could enjoying walking around town despite the chilly (or downright cold) weather. It’s funny how my son lived there until he was nearly 4 years old, yet looking out our hotel room window at the city skyline and the Hudson river, it’s like he was seeing the ferries, boats and helicopters for the very first time. We enjoyed our brief pitstop, but are all excited to see friends and family and get the celebrations started!
Here are a couple of updates worth mentioning and a few shots from our trip thus far:
1) As some of you may recall, last year I was honored to be one of Redbook’s 10 winners of their Real Women Style Awards. It all began with the simple entry of a photo, and that was it. This year’s contest is underway and this time around they’re partnering with Dove and will be putting the winner on their cover (what?!). You can check out some tips from last year’s winners here and then head on over and enter yourself or a friend here. Be sure to let me know because you’ll get my vote daily!!
2) I know many of you have tried out Stitch Fix by this point and if you haven’t, you can read about my initial experience here. Well, for anyone who might be expecting, they recently began carrying maternity styles. I had been eager for them to do this throughout my entire pregnancy, but now at the tail end of things it isn’t exactly worth it. If any of you try it out, I’d love to hear about your experience!
3) Jack and Madelyn, taking it all in as if it were their first time seeing these sights :)
4) Venturing around town doing a little exploring.
5) Winding down with a little TV time while I wonder how they’ll ever sleep in the same bed without giggling the entire night!
Have a fantastic weekend!