Happy Friday, friends! As fall turns to winter I’m doing my best to keep the kids entertained indoors. We’ve spent time at the library, a local science center, ‘picture’ toy shopping (Jack takes pics of the toys he hopes to get for Christmas), and breaking out the crafts at home. Luckily they both enjoy helping me bake as well. As we were making banana bread this week I later noticed a big bite was taken out of a fresh tomato I had sitting on my counter…and then I spotted the spit out bite which was thankfully not in the bread ;) Tons of precious time with my babes but next week Jack and I are taking a quick trip to NYC. It’s based around meetings for him, but I’m sure I can keep myself occupied!
Here’s a glimpse of the rest of my week:
- Well, I started my Christmas shopping. I had so many coupons on hand that I figured I may as well tackle what I could before the crowds turn crazy. Our kids are at such a great age, where Jack is starting to get the hang of this whole Christmas thing (including what it’s actually about) and Madelyn is still just as excited to play with a box as she is the toy that came in it.
- I admire all of you parents that so willingly allow your kids to explore their creative side. No matter how often I do it, I still cringe a bit every time. But looking back on the pictures sure makes me glad I do it.
- Jack insisted on pushing his sister on a quick shopping trip. I think he’s making my job too easy ;)
- Thank you Anthropologie for reminding me that my birthday is coming up. If I’m going to get older at least I’m going to do it stylishly!
- We’re ready for snow and we have a few more hills here in Central PA than we did in Hoboken. It’s time to break these kids in!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth today for High Five for Friday.